Brown bears have long been awoken in Kamchatka. Almost every day, residents of the Kamchatka peninsula report that they saw a bear or a whole pack of bears near their place of residence.
Avoiding the risk of accidental encounters and possible problems with bears will help you observe the so-called “bearish security rules”:
- Get preliminary information about the territory where you are going to travel.
- Bears do not like any surprises, unexpected encounters. Fright and stress provoke an attack. Move through the forest, reporting your presence with noisy cues, singing, etc.
- It’s better to walk in a group – a lot of people frighten a bear, and the noise from it is heard from afar. If you have children with you – keep them always close or in sight.
- Do not bring untrained dogs with you. A dog frightened by a bear will bring it to you.
- Arrange halt only in open places with a good overview. Carefully follow the cleanliness of the territory, burn all food waste.
- To scare a clubfoot can be a ringing of metal objects, screams, flaps, flares.
- Categorically you can not approach cubs. Noticing them, immediately go as far as possible – next to the bear.
- Avoid in the forest areas with high grass and mugs. Move to open places.
- When you see a bear in the distance, do not approach it. Carefully leave this place, go around it by side.
- Do not move through the forest at dusk and at night. Night is the time of the bear!
- While scaring the bear with shots, do not try to shoot at the bear itself. Wounded bear even more dangerous!
- “You can not run away from a bear.” Try to stay calm, slowly retreat, backing away.
- Do not turn your back to the bear.
- Regardless of the size of the bear, its behavior and appearance, treat it as a formidable and powerful predator with unpredictable behavior.
- Do not fish where the bears are fishing.
We remind you that you can call the EMERCOM of Russia in the Kamchatka Territory by numbers:
– from a landline phone: 01, +7 (415-2) 200-112.
– a free phone call “112” from your mobile phone.
880 total views, 1 views today